The Camanche School District’s Board of Education held their regular monthly meeting on Monday, January 21st. Please note that these are not the official minutes. The official Agendas and Minutes from the Camanche Community School District school board are available and posted on our school district website (camanche.k12.ia.us).
Items to highlight from this school board meeting would include:
- The Board heard an update regarding our work with the Clinton School District to establish a partnership to provide an Alternative School for At-Risk students. The two school districts are developing a 28E Agreement describing the partnership that would need to be approved by both school districts’ school boards during their meetings.
- The Board is looking for community input regarding their thoughts about facility needs in the Camanche School District. There will be three meetings held at the high school theater on January 31st at 6:00 p.m.; February 4th at 4:00 p.m.; and February 7th at 7:15 a.m. to have these discussions. Also, there will be a short, online survey made available on the district’s website, to give stakeholders not able to attend the meetings an opportunity to provide their ideas. Information gathered from this process is important and appreciated.
- The Board heard the district’s audit report given by Andrea Rumler from Winkel, Parker, and Foster. The audit was of good standing and a clean report.
- A proposed copy of the 2019-20 school calendar was presented at this meeting. The Board will conduct a public hearing and take action on the proposed school calendar for next year at its regular meeting in February.
- The superintendent notified the Board that he will present his budget estimate and staffing plan for the 2019-2020 school year at the regular board meeting in March.
As is usually the case, the school board completed the meeting by approving administrative recommendations regarding personnel and also approving open enrollment requests into the Camanche School District.