April 22, 2020
7th/8th Grade Book Club
If any 7th or 8th grade student is interested in joining a virtual book club, send Mrs. Bezdek an email at email@example.com! After I hear from a group of students, I will send out more information to those interested. Have a great day!
Talent Show Must Go On!!!
Even though we won't physically be together on the last day of school to put on the talent show, Mrs. Eissens feels like we still NEED to have our 2020 Camanche Middle School Talent Show. SO, practice a 30-60 second act of singing, dancing, playing an instrument, magic, stupid human tricks, stand-up comedy, anything (school appropriate of course). When you have the perfect act ready, have someone tape it and send it to Mrs. Eissens at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to hold your camera horizontally not vertically when taping your clip and she will put all the acts together and share the show on the CMS Student News channel on Youtube our last school day of school. It will be a good substitute for being together and seeing it live!
If you need anything please email email@example.com. I will respond.
Online book reading by Mrs. Reppert
Hi everyone, it's Mrs. Reppert! I want to let you know that I will be reading a new book aloud starting next Monday, April 27th. The book's title is Time For Andrew and it was actually my 25-year-old son, Luke, that suggested that I read it to you. This book was one of his favorites when he was in middle school. On the book cover, it says that it is a ghost story, but it is really more about time travel. Here's the teaser... In this spooky time travel tale, eleven-year-old Andrew switches places with a ghost and travels back to the year 1910. Will he be able to fight his way back through time to reclaim his place in the present? Or, will the ghost steal his life, and leave him trapped in the past forever? I hope you will take the time to listen to this great story as I read it aloud. I will be posting on the CMS website the times that I will be reading it aloud each day. I really miss you all! Stay safe!
Join CMS Virtual Running Club
Since track was supposed to start last week, we have decided to start a virtual running club. Any grade 5-8 can sign up, as well as faculty/staff. Once you sign up on the form attached, we will send you a code for the CMS Virtual Running Club Google Classroom. We will post videos, pictures, workouts in the classroom. We will also have weekly challenges for you to compete in. Please sign up using the Google form.
CMS Student News
Any CMS Student News members that would like to work on a remote news program please email Mrs. Eissens at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will invite you to a ZOOM meeting and we can share ideas. Any reporters, editors, photographers, (past or present) are invited!
Messages from CMS Staff
Mrs. Dunham and Mrs. Adams-
Thank you so much, 5th and 6th graders, for doing your math work over the last couple of weeks! Remember to keep checking your email, Google Classroom, and Flipgrid. We continue to miss you all and hope you are doing well!
Dental Activities from Nurse Kathy
My plate matching game-
Healthy Food Worksheet
Healthy Food Guide with ideas for Parents
Spring Picture Update From Lifetouch
Scenario 1 Packages were not sent home to parents and are still at school.
- Parents can call our National Call Center at 800-736-4753 and request the access code to view their child’s portrait online. They can view their image at mylifetouch.com, where they can place an order if they’d like. Parents can provide the Portrait ID for their child’s school to make it easier to find their student. The chat feature is also available at mylifetouch.com.
- Camanche Middle School Portrait ID- BN319039Q0
- If a parent is receiving emails from Lifetouch and has not yet received the package, we are NOT able to turn the emails off. (I am sorry!) Good news is the parent can use this email to view the image and/or order pictures. When the parent goes online, an option will be given to “pay for pictures” or “order more pictures.” Parents should select “order more” which will allow them to place an order to be sent to their home.
Scenario 2: You received your picture packages
- How to pay or return photos?
- Please direct parents to pay online per the directions in the envelope at mylifetouch.com.
- If a parent is unable to pay online, they can mail a check to Lifetouch 3996 NW Urbandale Drive, Urbandale 50322. (They can also deliver payment to the school when school starts again in the Fall
- If the parent wants to return their pictures, they can return to the school when it reopens
Please hold on to your packets and return it to the school when we are able. Thank you.
Please watch the Facebook page for lunches being served to Camanche Community Children. All lunches will be at 11:00 AM until they run out.
Lunches are limited!
Reminder will be posted the day before each lunch. So please keep an eye on the Camanche Commuinty help (COVID-19) page.