The Camanche School District’s Board of Education held their regular monthly meeting on Monday, November 18th. This meeting included holding the required Annual and Organizational Meetings. Please note that these are not the official minutes. The official Agendas and Minutes from the Camanche Community School District school board are available and posted on our school district website (camanche.k12.ia.us).
Items to highlight from this school board meeting would include:
- The Board held its required Annual Meeting. At this meeting the Board heard the Treasurer’s Annual Report, reappointed Roxanne Aude as Board Secretary/Treasurer, and designated the school district’s official depositories.
- Superintendent Parker thanked and recognized ADM for contributing grants to the elementary and middle schools. These grants were used to support STEM (science, technology, engineering, & math) programing and equipment at the schools.
- Superintendent Parker thanked school board members Travis Baker, Stacy Kinkaid, Albert McManus, Brad Weber, and Peg Wolf for representing the Camanche School District by attending the Iowa Association of School Boards’ state conference in Des Moines.
- The Board took action to apply to the state to receive additional funds from modified supplemental amount for increased resident student enrollment and open enrolled out students.
- Superintendent Parker reminded the Board that there will be a Special School Board Meeting on December 2nd at 5:30 p.m. to review the results of the Facilities Planning Survey.
- The Board reviewed the results of the school election that saw Albert McManus and Brad Weber re-elected, along with Travis Baker and Shane Bark elected to the school board for four-year terms. Superintendent Parker thanked school board members Mike Dunn and Jean Morgan for their service as this meeting marked the end of their terms in office.
- The newly elected Board was called to order and conducted their required Organizational Meeting. Brad Weber was elected as President and Todd Gravert was elected as Vice President. President Weber appointed Board members to the school board’s five standing committees (Audit, Human Resource, Planning, Policy, and Projects).
- The Board set the date of January 15, 2020 at 5:30 p.m. for their Goal Setting Meeting. As is usually the case, the school board completed the meeting by approving administrative recommendations regarding personnel and also approving open enrollment requests into the Camanche School District.