The Camanche School District’s Board of Education met on Monday, February 20th. Please note that these are not the official minutes. The official Agendas and Minutes from the Camanche Community School District school board are available and posted on our school district website (camanche.k12.ia.us).
Items to highlight from this school board meeting would include:
- The Board conducted a public hearing and approved the school calendar for the 2023-24 school year. The first day of school for students will be on Wednesday, August 23, 2023 and the last day of school for the 2023-24 school year is scheduled to be May 31, 2024.
- The Board heard a report from our auditor for Fiscal Year 2022. The overall audit was of good standing and a clean report.
- A representative from Municipal Collections of America (MCOA) made a presentation to the Board regarding options to address unpaid fees/fines by some of the District’s families and to share information about how the Iowa Offset Program works when applied to these situations. The Board plans to take this option under consideration at their regular March meeting.
- Principals Dohse and Shaffer provided the Board with updates regarding topics of interest that included many of the positive achievements of the school district’s students and staff.
- A representative from Estes Construction, the district’s construction manager, provided the school board with an update about the ongoing Facilities Enhancement Project.
- The Board approved submitting an application to the Clinton County Development Association with the goal of receiving additional funding to support furnishing the high school’s new Wellness Area with new equipment. The Athletic Boosters will provide $15,000 toward this project which will serve as matching funds for the grant. The Board expressed their appreciation to the Boosters for their support and to Director Kinkaid for her work on this grant.
- The Board approved accepting the quote from Jim Giese Commercial Roofing to install new roofing on the area that will house the new Choir and Wrestling rooms located by the new Wellness area.
As is usually the case, the school board completed the meeting by approving administrative recommendations regarding personnel