Welcome to Camanche High School
Welcome from Camanche High School! We are gearing up and ready to start the 2018-2019 school year! My name is Carrie Lane and I am excited to be the new high school principal. I have been meeting with staff, school board members and community members. Everyone has been extremely welcoming and great to visit with. The pride and desire to provide students with the best experience possible is evident in everyone I have met.
Please help welcome our new staff: Brett Cline, Activities Director, Liz Walters, principal’s administrative assistant, Lynnea Quick and Paul Durdan, both English teachers, and Emily Graham, Drama coach. Each one has been a great addition to our team.
Congratulations go out to both the softball and baseball teams on outstanding seasons. My husband and I had the opportunity to watch a few games. I am confident that both teams are on their way to a great future.
Below you will find some key highlights for the upcoming school year:
- The district is working on a new website and we appreciate your patience while it is being updated.
- We will continue to offer the Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) time embedded in the middle of our school day; however, we are increasing this time to 37 minutes. This increase will allow the students to receive re-teaching and support when needed.
- On Wednesdays, we will continue to provide time for professional learning for our faculty which will result in a 1:45 early dismissal time for all students.
- Students will receive their same Chromebooks from last year. We will be increasing their use to deepen students’ learning experience.
- Handbooks will be emailed to all students and will soon be on the district’s website for your reference.
I am looking forward partnering with the community and parents to make the 2018-2019 school year the best yet! Please don’t hesitate to contact us with concerns, issues or celebrations.
Carrie Lane and the CHS staff
Camanche High School
937 9th Ave,
Camanche, Iowa 52730